Burnout, Mental Health, & Humor
Mental Health is a Complicated Thing
It requires sensitivity, awareness, and skill. Reclaim creativity, meaning, and happiness for yourself and your workforce with coaching and training. Boost productivity, engagement, and the bottom line. Learn the mindsets, habits, and skills needed to DESTRESS.
In support of your initiatives for wellbeing in the workplace, I’m writing to let you know about a virtual one-hour program for May’s Mental Health Awareness Month:
Transforming Anger, Blame, and Shame into Mental Wellness:
A Program for Mental Health Awareness Month
Per popular demand, this initiative is packed with interactive and engaging wellbeing mindsets and practices geared toward leveraging the power of Anger, Blame, and Shame. The goal is to update skills and strategies that reduce stress, increase overall wellbeing, and enhance workplace performance.
Interested in offering this program to your team?
Invest in your team as you celebrate Mental Health Awareness Month. Let me know if you'd like more information or want to discuss it further.
- Let’s set up a brief call to discuss how this program aligns with your goals and how we can collaborate for Mental Health Awareness Month
- Text or call +1-954-609-9904
- Please let me know your availability, and we can find a convenient time to connect
What’s 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline?
Dialing 988 connects callers with mental health professionals with the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline, formerly known as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Available for English and Spanish speakers
- Special rate of $988 is offered for this one-hour program to support your Mental Health Awareness initiatives
What is the difference between 911 and 988?
- 988 improves access to crisis services to servethe public with suicide and mental health care
- 911 dispatches Emergency Medical Services such as fire and police to serve
Book Dr. Red Shoe
- Text or call +1-954-609-9904 ET to set up a brief chat
- One-hour program with 30 min Q & A at a time convenient for you
- $988 special May Mental Health Awareness rate
- Virtual program
- Recording will be available
- Handouts include tips and emergency resources
Learn the mindsets, skills, and habits needed to
work well, be happy, and be profitably productive.
Course 1—Banish Burnout: What It Looks Like; How to Fix It
Burnout is real. Understand the brain science of stress so you can banish the emotional, physical, and behavioral symptoms of burnout, even when dealing with COVID, fierce professional competition, and ever-changing business requirements.
- List the five stages of burnout
- Recognize the physical, emotional, and behavioral signs of burnout
- Identify three strategies to regroup and recharge
Course 2—Boost Performance: Manage Time for Work and Fun
All work, and no play, makes everyone dull and unprofitably unproductive. Success in your work requires clarity of thought, time management, and critical thinking that spring from a foundation of work-life balance.
- Identify 3 barriers to peak performance
- Recognize the science of fun and performance
- List 3 time management strategies
Course 3—Communication Strategies: Set Limits, Manage Conflict, and Clarify Expectations
Business is about people. Client satisfaction, productivity, and effectiveness require clear communication of the task at hand, essential limits, and resources.
- Identify the 3 levels of anger
- Apply humor to 3 limit-setting techniques
- Recognize 3 core communication competencies
Science and Practice
Happiness can be illusive. It cannot be a goal. It is the byproduct of making good choices that honor our values, unique needs, and purpose.
- Understand science of happiness and brain health
- Identify barriers to happiness
- Sculpt habits and minsets that foster happiness
- Update and practice your happiness habits and skills
Strategies to Use Stress to Shine at Work and at Home
Awk... STRESS! A little can be motivating and help us focus. A lot can block productivity, happiness, and even fun. It's up to us how we prevent, manage, and respond to life's stressors.
- Banish burnout: What it looks like and how to fix it
- Boost performance: Manage time for work and fun
- Build communicaiton strategies: Set limits, manage conflict, and clarify expectations
- Explore humor and play as stress-reduction strategies
- Practice destress strategies
Wonder, Humor, & Other Antidotes to Misery
Mindsets and Actions
You can create your happiness and success. Explore mindsets and strategies that foster satisfaction, productivity, and creativity.
- Learn to use misery to invite clarity and energize positive action
- Explore humor and play as stress-reduction strategies
- Understand barriers to mindfulness
- Practice setting limits with yourself and others
- Cultivate a culture of wonder
Lead Through Crisis
Ethics, happiness, humor, and success are great partners. Workplace stress leads to declining morale and decreased productivity and performance. Use humor and communication strategies to create happy teams and loyal clients.
- Identify ways to use humor to revitalize your team
- Learn the science of humor and stress
- Practice humor as conflict management
- Create an Action Plan for your workplace
Suicide Awareness, Prevention, and Healing
Perspective, Humor, and Meaning are Key
You can make a difference. Notice, listen, and know what to do,
Perspective and a bit of humor are key in the face of uncertainly during the COVID-19 pandemic and any other disruption in our professional and personal lives—depression, anxiety, and suicide struggles are realities that require skill and compassion.
- Notice the signs
- Practice what to say and do
- Know available resources day and night
- Manage the flow of communication
- Create a culture of Open Discussion
Support Your Team
Lead Virtually & Onsite
Learn to what it takes to supervise and lead a virtual, hybrid, or onsite workforce. From any zip code:
- Develop your team
- Practice supervision and team building strategies
- Invite engagement and teamwork
- Support an effective productive workforce
Speak So They Follow
Core Communication Competencies
Inspire, lead ethically, and speak to connect with your team, clients, and loved ones. This fun, informative, and culture-changing program focuses on communication strategies.
- Understand the Seven Core Communication Competencies
- Explore the Three Levels of Anger
- Practice leadership communication strategies
- Create a Communication Action Plan
Lead So They Follow
Listen, Understand, & Set the tone
Leadership requires effective communication, refreshed mindsets, and skills. Start with empathy, commitment, and a strong plan.
- Learn to listen to different types of communicators
- Understand the seven core communication competencies
- Practice strategies to set limits
- Create a Leadership Communication Action Plan
Grow Your Confidence & Business by Speaking
Speak to Impact
Master the basics of speaking and presenting. Speaking is about impact. How do you influence others?
- Speak with eloquence
- Hone your key messages
- Speak to connect listeners with your Ideas
- Grow your business with masterful networking
Dr. Margarita Gurri is a consummate professional who brings deep thinking, delightful humor, and authenticity to everything she does whether she's speaking, coaching, problem-solving or writing. I've worked on numerous projects and participated in various brainstorming and mastermind groups with Dr. Gurri focused on ethics, marketing, problem-solving, and communication. I cannot recommend ANYONE more confidently and enthusiastically.—Susan Brender, Communications Expert and Host of “The Susan Brender Show”