Crisis Tips & Resources
Flags of Honor Escorts
Flag For 22 highlights Suicide Awareness
It gives voice to the hidden wounds of the
22 US veterans who succumb to suicide each day.
Image: Founder, David "Mac" McElroy
with Heidi "Blue" Hansing and the
Remembrance Flag, August 2020.
Every day, 22 US veterans succumb to suicide.
Globally, according to the World Health Organization:
- Every 40 seconds, someone succumbs to suicide, this is 800,000 each year
- For each suicide, 20 more attempt suicide
- Suicide is the world's second leading cause of death for 15-29-year-olds
We must do better.
Click for more information
- US National Suicide Prevention lifeline and Military Crisis Line
- 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255)
- A trained mental health professional is one call or one click away
- free for active duty, reserve and guard members—and their families and friends
- International Crisis Centre resources: https://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/
- International Suicide Hotlines: http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html
- World Health Organization resources: https://www.who.int/health-topics/suicide
Zoom for Virtual Presenters
- PPT: Zoom for Virtual Presenters PDF
- Closed Captioning Transcript
- Video: Zoom for Virtual Presenters
- Pixabay.com free use images
- Shutterstock.com paid images
- From Dave Bricker's Speak Inside the Box, with permission
Grateful to these folks for sharing their expertise:
- Gina Carr's Resource List
- Terry Brock, CSP, CPAE's Resource List
- Dave Bricker's Storytelling Expertise
Dr. Red Shoe's Favorites
- Microphone, Blue Yeti
- Webcam, Logitech Brio 4K
- Green Screen
- Power Hub
- LED lights on tripod x2
Psychology of Crisis and Disaster
Crisis Preparedness & Response
Are you ready?
- Prep for the Big Five Crisis Handout
- American Red Cross Essential Steps to Preparedness
- Emergency Ready
- Homeland Security Ready Kit
- American Red Cross: Reasons to Prepare
- ERG, Emergency Response Hazardous Materials Guidebook
- FEMA Mobile APP
- CodeRED Mobile Alert
- Disaster Assistance
Prepare My Business
Prepare My Community
Difficult people are everywhere.
Sometimes its them.
Sometimes its you.
Ethics & Reputation
The elephant in any room. It's about what we do, don't do, and what we say to whom, where, when, and how.
- The Ethical Speaker
- What are ethics?
- Why do we misbehave?
- Your Responsibility
- Reporting an Incident
- Ethical Foundations
Military Teams & Families
Free Full Moon Programs for military, veterans, and families
- Civilianize Your Resume
- Fair Fighting
- Parenting Miltary Kids
- Couples' Agreements
- Playful Loving for Couples
You must be logged in to post a comment.